Register at the municipality (BSN number)

International students who will be staying in The Netherlands for longer than 4 months are required to be registered in the Personal Records Database (BRP) of the municipality they are living in.

When you register, you will receive a citizen service number (BSN). You will need this number to open a Dutch bank account, among other things. In order to register, you will need proof of occupancy.

For more information on this process, click here.

To make a registration appointment with the municipality of The Hague, click here.