If you wish to apply for the programme please fill out the application form.
Students are admitted to the master’s programme ArtScience on the basis of their previous artistic work and a research proposal. Only candidates with a bachelor’s degree in the arts or sciences can apply.
Those interested in applying for the MMus programme ArtScience are invited to contact head of the Interfaculty, Joost Rekveld (via e-mail joost.rekveld@ interfaculty.nl) for a first, general assessment whether the profile of the applicant matches the programme and for feedback on a first draft of the research proposal.
In order to apply for the ArtScience MMus programme we ask you to send us your research proposal, a curriculum vitae (resume), a portfolio and a number of official documents. All written materials should be in Dutch or English. After a preselection based on these materials, candidates will be invited for an interview. European candidates are expected to be physically present at this interview, with candidates outside of Europe we will propose a skype meeting.
The deadline for application is the 1st of April. Candidates must send all required materials in one package adressed to Joost Rekveld, Master’s Programme ArtScience, Royal Conservatoire, Juliana van Stolberglaan 1, 2595 CA Den Haag, The Netherlands. Students are admitted to the master's programme ArtScience on the basis of their previous artistic work and a research proposal. Only candidates with a bachelor's degree in the arts or sciences can apply.
In your research proposal we ask you to give an overview of where you stand now in your artistic activities, to propose a research project and to indicate how doing this research would change your artistic future. You are free to choose a text format that suits your proposal and background, but it should be between two and four pages A4 of text long. The text should cover the following points:
- Please give us some background to your artistic past; briefly explain the motivation behind getting involved in art and behind the artistic choices you have made so far;
- Please describe the artistic disciplines you have been involved or interested in so far;
- Please give a clear description of your research topic and the fields this topic relates to;
- Please explain your motivation for choosing this research topic. How do you think doing this research will transform your work?;
- Please indicate how your research topic is related to the ArtScience curriculum;
- Please make a first choice for two ArtScience teachers who could coach you in your research (you can look at the Faculty Biographies on the website or in the ArtScience studyguide);
- Please describe two concrete projects you would like to realize as part of this research proposal;
- Please indicate the materials and facilities you will need for your research;
- Please give an outline of what you hope to achieve during your studies at the ArtScience Interfaculty ;
- Please describe how you think you will be able to contribute to the learning environment at the Interfaculty.
Curriculum Vitae (Resume)
This should cover:
- Your previous education
- Your artistic past (see also portfolio, below)
- Work experience
In the portfolio you should show us documentation of works of art you made. These original works can be in any art form or medium, while the documentation should be a short text describing each work, illustrated with photos, drawings, reviews, etc. Please include audio on CD and video on DVD, in which case you should mark a maximum of three minutes you absolutely want to be viewed or listened to by the selection committee. Digital documentation should run on both Mac and PC, can be on CD or DVD and should use standard file formats (jpeg, tiff, pdf, mp3, flash, aiff, quicktime, avi or powerpoint).
Please do not send us originals; for practical reasons we cannot always return your portfolio.
A copy of the candidate’s passport, a visa (when applicable), a copy of relevant diplomas, two passport photos and e-mail address should be included.