The KABK offers many different preparatory courses. All of them focus on bringing people into contact with art education and offering them a programme that connects to their own needs and level. Selection and orientation are the key phrases.
On the one hand the Royal Academy of Art wants to give talented people the opportunity to further qualify themselves which can eventually lead into art education. On the other hand the preparatory courses offer the participants the opportunity to explore whether or not a study at the Academy and the perspective of a career in art or design are a possibility.
The possibility to flow into several different preparatory courses gives the participants as many chances as possible to follow a route that suits them the best. There are also several different internships available for those people preparing to be a culture and arts teacher (CKV-docent).
Preparatory courses at the KABK
The preparatory courses the KABK offers are:
- School for Young Talent (vmbo-tl, havo, vwo)
- Preparatory Year (full-time 1 year after high school)
- Orientation Course (Saturday course)
- Kid’s club (9-12 years of age)
- Alliance with different high schools in and around the Hague and Leiden, such as Segbroekcollege Den Haag, Bonaventura college Leiden, Rijnlands Lyceum Wassenaar and Zandvlietcollege Den Haag.
- Combined education where a high school student takes classes with art plans or the School for Young Talent
To participate in one of the mentioned preparatory courses an admission is necessary. For this examination as much (different) work as possible should be brought along. An appointment can be made via the student administration.
Head coordinator Preparatory courses
Coordinator Preparatory year
Visiting hours admissions: by appointment
Visiting hours students and parents: by appointment.