House rules concerning environment, safety and smoking are the following:
- Due to national law, the academy is a non-smoking area. Inspections are carried out regularly, and offenders will be charged the whole fine.
- It is prohibited to move or remove furniture from classrooms without permission from head teachers or coordinators.
- It is prohibited to drill holes or put nails in the walls, parts of the building or the furniture without permission from the Facilitary Services.
- It is prohibited to ride bicycles or skate in the academy building or on its premises.
- It is prohibited to bring animals (pets) into the academy.
- (Intentional) Damage to the building and furniture will be charged to the offender. Graffiti is seen as intentional damage.
- Environmentally damaging chemicals like leftover paint, solvants, fixatives and developers must be deposited in the allocated containers. It is strictly forbidden to wash them through the sink or toilets.
- Emergency exits may never be obstructed.
- All halls, stairways, and other walkways should remain unobstructed.
- The automatic closing doors should remain always unobstructed.
- Fire extinguishers and alarms should remain visible and accessible at all times.
Parking bicycles and cars
Parking space at the academy is limited. Therefore we have strict rules. Those who break them will be charged a fine. Certain staff members with special needs can apply for a parking permit at the school director’s office. Incidental parking is only allowed after the head of the Facilitary Service has given permission. In front of the building students can find an bicycle rack. Using the locked bicycle garage in the basement involves a down payment, which can be paid at the Facilitary Service. It is not allowed to park bicycles in or around the academy.
Various members of staff at the academy are trained to assist in case of an accident or perform First Aid. Those who can perform First Aid are Hans van Alphen, Frans ten Bosch, Elsbeth van Heijningen, Kees Knijnenburg, Huub Luik, Jolanda van Os, Marijn Rietveld, Eduard Sjoukes and Mik Verloop. Those who can assist in an accident are all members of the Facilitary Service, and most of those named above as First Aid performers.
There is a public elevator in the Bleijenburg building which everyone can use. In the Prinsessegracht building there's a freight elevator that only works with a key from the reception.
There are various first aid boxes throughout the building.